So most people have wondered how I have dealt with this over the last 8 weeks and to take a page out of Forrest Gump,"I was running...." I literally started running 12 days post delivery. I thought my doctor was going to fall on the floor when I saw him for my 2 week check (mental and test results) and told him what I was doing. It works for me. I honestly was this ball of emotions that wanted to jump out of my skin every second of every day. I had nowhere to go because I had not wanted to face anyone at that point so I was a prisoner in my own house.
Finally on New Year's Eve I said screw it and went for a very uncomfortable 3 mile run, but it relieved so much stress that I ran every day from that point on until 2 weeks ago when the plague hit our house. Unless you have actually tried running, and I mean over 5 miles, you really don't experience what it can do for you. They call it a runner's high, but it is more than that for me now. It is the only time I have been able to have a little peace in my life. At the beginning, some songs on my ipod would bring me to tears while I was running, but I didn't care because no one was around me except for some random dog walker that didn't have time to notice.
I came down with a cold 2 weeks ago, followed by the flu and bronchitis, and ending with strep throat this past week and my mileage on the road or treadmill has been non-existent, which means my emotional stress is high and I feel like I am going crazy because I have been around my kids 24-7 without a break. Well last night I was able to get out of the house with my sister for 2 hours and get some much needed puppy therapy. Now, I barely have time for the dogs I do have, but last year before getting pregnant with Logan I started looking at puppies and my husband probably would have divorced me if I would have followed through with it, so lucky for me my sister is finally getting one.
For about 45 minutes i sat on the floor surrounded by six 5 week old french bulldog puppies. The were pulling on my pants, chewing on my shoe, and trying to climb into my lap. It was glorious. It was just what I needed. They were so small and whenever I held one it would fall asleep on my chest. It was bitter sweet at the end because it made me realize how much I wished it was Logan falling asleep on my chest, but it did confirm my want and need for another baby. Lord willing when we do get pregnant again things will turn out drastically different, but until that happens I will be able to "nanny" for my sister's puppy while she is at work. So instead of running my legs into the ground, I will be able to get daily or weekly puppy therapy to help me along the way.



0 comments:
Post a Comment