Friday, January 20, 2012

The Plan is Set

After a very painful exam it was confirmed that he is still hanging out high up in my pelvis and I am nowhere close to being dilated, so we decided to go in Sunday night and give Cervidil a shot to hopefully kick my labor in to full gear, get me dilated, and regular contractions started.  At this point they will hit me with the Pitocin in the morning, and hoping that with the increase in dilation and contractions that it will force him to engage.  The goal is to avoid breaking my water until he is engaged and we feel the cord prolapse risk is nearly eliminated...I say nearly because it can occur in any labor realistically.

She totally understood where we were coming from with our fears, and we have agreed that after cervidil and pitocin if he still hasn't dropped then we will say screw it and just go with the c-section.  I am very comfortable with this decision, but the nerves are starting to kick in.  I really think once he is out and alive I will probably sleep the best I have in months...the constant worry and stress of not having a living child has completely taken its toll on me.  I just pray that everything continues to go smooth and that in 72 hours I will be holding a living, breathing, healthy, crying little boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying right along with ya! I hope everything goes smoothly, it won't be long now!

Jennifer Page said...

I can't believe how close you are to holding that sweet little boy!!! I keep up with your blog all the time and pray for you constantly. You are one of the strongest women I know, Darcey. Thanks for sharing your story and for keeping us updated on how you and Layton are doing. I know that everything will go just fine for you on Monday morning and I will be sending extra thoughts and prayers for you, John, Layton and the rest of your family :-) Stay strong, you are just over 24 hours away from the end of one crazy amazing journey and on to the start of another crazy amazing journey. I can't wait to see pics of the newest little man in your life!!!

Post a Comment