Today marks a great, but scary time for me. We are officially 37 weeks which is wonderful because we are officially "full term", but it is also the week I lost Logan so things are a little tense in our household right now and probably will remain that way until he makes his arrival in 8 days.
I had an appt. on friday and everything looked great. He passed his BPP in about 20 seconds which was a nice change from the previous weeks when he decided to sleep through most of it and not make the breathing movements they need to see in order to to give him a passing grade. She also checked my placenta and cord flow and it was "perfect". No signs of restriction anywhere. To make things even better the cord was literally sitting right on his belly and no where near his face, which is extremely rare to see when you have an anterior placenta (which I have mentioned several times in previous posts). This of course could have changed and probably will when I get my last look at him in utero this coming friday, but it was a relief to know that it is not around his neck at all for the time being.
I also had to tell my poor doctor who delivered Logan and was supposed to deliver Layton on the 30th that he won't be because the hospital agreed to move my induction up a week. He took it a little harder than I expected him to, but it is nice to know that his care for me and my baby are completely genuine and real. I know I could make it another week until the 30th, but at this point it is about getting him out alive and praying that taking him at 38 weeks 1 day was the right choice, and he won't have any breathing difficulties or anything else that requires any NICU time.
I have my last NST appt. on Tuesday and my final BPP/Growth check on friday with the doctor who will be doing my induction. I just bought the Hunger Games trilogy to help keep my brain busy this week because knowing I lost Logan at this point of the game is really lingering in my every thought and it is making me crazy. I am constantly praying that he will make it 8 more days without any problems and by throwing myself into a good book(s) it will hopefully help the time pass.
In my desperate attempt to stay positive I am finally doing all the things I have put off for the last month like washing bedding, washing baby clothes, nursing tops, etc. I even went as far as bagging up all my Maternity clothes that haven't fit me in a long time for my husband to donate to the Goodwill, and although it made me nervous, I know I have to stay positive and believe that this is my last pregnancy and 10 days from now I will have a living new born in my house. How I am going to make it this week I have no idea...I am absolutely SCARED TO DEATH!!!!
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Hunger Games is fantastic, I devoured the first two books inside of 48 hours. ;)
I'm glad to hear you're in the final days before your new little guy arrives. I'm also thrilled to hear his cord is away from his face. Will be thinking of you, momma. :)
Gosh, I cannot imagine being that close to the end of the game!! So happy for u! Hang in there! You can do it!
Oh, Darcey, what a tense and yet exciting time for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as your induction date speeds closer. Hugs!!
You can do it Darcey - you've come so far already!
I'll be thinking of you and keeping all crossables crossed.
The Hunger Games should keep your mind occupied for too.
Sending much love and calmness your way
I read the first book of the hunger games the weekend before my induction -- loved it! I hope they keep you distracted. thinking of you...
I am sending you strength and patience. I wish you nothing but the best.
Stay positive and all that. You are my inspiration as I'm about 6 weeks from my induction. :)
I think I'll be buying the trilogy soon, too. Hah. Hoping this entire week speeds past like a bullet!
OMG...this week would be so incredibly hard...When a baby is full term, how do you get to the point where you feel relief that you have gotten past the point in your pregnancy when your child died. It makes me so ill. I am sending positivity you way and hope you make it through the week mentally intact. Light and love to you and your growing baby boy.
Hoping things go quickly for you! I can only imagine how stressed you are feeling, being so close yet again! Can't wait for the next 6 days to fly by, and to read your wonderful news once Layton has come screaming into the world!
Huge hugs your way!
Post a Comment