So for my second somber article to be shared in 2 days. This one puts a lot in to perspective for me. When I found out Logan had passed due to a cord accident a million different scenarios danced through my mind and still do time after time...you know those famous "What Ifs". Many of those situations I think would have actually been harder for my husband and I to deal with. I do wish I would have had seconds/minutes/hours with my son. To see his eyes and feel a warm body, but I struggle with what if we had to make the decision when to end his life due to the complication of a cord accident (those parents have the true strength). I know we would have made the right decision, but I take solace in knowing that situation never presented itself and God made that decision for us.
So here is a very sad article about a 16 year old boy who has survived his second plane crash in less than 10 years (flown by his father) and has killed his entire family (mom, brother and sister in 2003)...they are taking him out of his coma today to learn that the remainder of his family ( father and step mom) have met the same fate and their he stands.
http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201106/friends-rush-support-michigan-basketball-recruit-second-plane-crash
In my opinion my situation sucks, but this poor kid has it way worse. There is no "I am so sorry" that is going to help this time around. I taught high school health for 7 years and dealt with 16 year old's on a daily basis. They are not wired to deal with this. Surviving not once, but twice... I really hope in 2 years he is able to go play for my Wolverines and make a huge difference and find some peace in his life, because no child should ever have to endure what he has and will be facing.
So much for a happy Monday, but whenever I am starting to feel sorry for myself from this point forward I will think about this tragedy and I know that it could always be worse. I will be thankful for what I do have today at this very second even if it is just the memory of my son and the ache in my heart. His loss has already made a difference in mine.
So here is a very sad article about a 16 year old boy who has survived his second plane crash in less than 10 years (flown by his father) and has killed his entire family (mom, brother and sister in 2003)...they are taking him out of his coma today to learn that the remainder of his family ( father and step mom) have met the same fate and their he stands.
http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201106/friends-rush-support-michigan-basketball-recruit-second-plane-crash
In my opinion my situation sucks, but this poor kid has it way worse. There is no "I am so sorry" that is going to help this time around. I taught high school health for 7 years and dealt with 16 year old's on a daily basis. They are not wired to deal with this. Surviving not once, but twice... I really hope in 2 years he is able to go play for my Wolverines and make a huge difference and find some peace in his life, because no child should ever have to endure what he has and will be facing.
So much for a happy Monday, but whenever I am starting to feel sorry for myself from this point forward I will think about this tragedy and I know that it could always be worse. I will be thankful for what I do have today at this very second even if it is just the memory of my son and the ache in my heart. His loss has already made a difference in mine.



0 comments:
Post a Comment