So being in FL and married to a Gator anything that has to do with UF is a must. However, when I saw this article almost exactly a month from when my sweet Logan was born I really didn't expect to read what I was reading.
I had never really heard of stillbirth except from a friend who's son died from Triploidy at 20+ weeks and I had heard of another woman (who was in a good friends play group) who unfortunately lost her daughter to a true knot at 39 weeks. I remember thinking how terrible and I couldn't even imagine what they were feeling...never in a million years did I think 10 months later I would experience it first hand with my 4th child and what was supposed to be my last child and son.
http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201101/billy-donovans-secret-sorrow
When I first read this I remember bawling hysterically through the entire article and then of course sent it to my poor husband who was at work...not a good choice on my part. As I read it today I can take more of it in and realize it DOES happen to anyone and everyone all the time. In 6 months I believe 8 babies have been buried next or behind my Logan (unfortunately not many of them have headstones), 8 babies in Logan's little section of Babyland in a cemetery in Tampa, FL. I can't believe that this isn't talked about more. I am so happy that through different organizations this topic is getting out there, because it is REAL and it becomes part of so many people's lives on a daily basis.
I had never really heard of stillbirth except from a friend who's son died from Triploidy at 20+ weeks and I had heard of another woman (who was in a good friends play group) who unfortunately lost her daughter to a true knot at 39 weeks. I remember thinking how terrible and I couldn't even imagine what they were feeling...never in a million years did I think 10 months later I would experience it first hand with my 4th child and what was supposed to be my last child and son.
http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201101/billy-donovans-secret-sorrow
When I first read this I remember bawling hysterically through the entire article and then of course sent it to my poor husband who was at work...not a good choice on my part. As I read it today I can take more of it in and realize it DOES happen to anyone and everyone all the time. In 6 months I believe 8 babies have been buried next or behind my Logan (unfortunately not many of them have headstones), 8 babies in Logan's little section of Babyland in a cemetery in Tampa, FL. I can't believe that this isn't talked about more. I am so happy that through different organizations this topic is getting out there, because it is REAL and it becomes part of so many people's lives on a daily basis.



1 comments:
Thank u for posting... this will resonate with my husband. Plan to repost too
Post a Comment