Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Nothing is Easy

Well I am unhappily to report I still am having trouble with my throat so I will be going to see an ENT tomorrow morning.  I really have no clue what is going on.  For about 2 days I was convinced I have throat/esophageal cancer because I have this swollen/tightening feeling in my throat with no pain and it is very uncomfortable and scary for me.  Cancer is like the common cold in my family, which is actually very scary.  3 of my grandparents died of cancer, my mother is an 8 year breast cancer survivor and my dad is 2 1/2 years into remission for MFH (soft tissue sarcoma).

I have been on edge and actually very scared that something could be wrong for the past couple of days. Throughout my paranoia which I think has been created by google and all of my internet searches, I do have some clear realizations that this ailment could just be stress related.  Crazy to think that stress can cause a physical impairment involving something as important as swallowing. I guess I am praying and hoping it is as simple as that. Lately it seems nothing comes easy for me in life, so it is not hard for me to see this as a sign or symptom of some life threatening disease.  Hopefully I will get some answers tomorrow, but most likely I will have to get some tests run.  I am actually fine with this...would rather be safe than sorry.

I must admit I have learned one thing through all of this Logan B.S. and my self induced panic about having throat cancer...how important it is for me to see my kids grow up.  Truly it is the only thing that matters in my life.  I have had that opportunity already taken away from me for one of my children and I think that is what hurts the most.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment