Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Did It!!!

The first thing I should have done is put out a disclaimer on this blog...my grammar is terrible!!!  Considering I have been out of my teaching career going on 4 years now and my brain is mush from being home with my kids...I want to apologize to some of you poor people who read this.  I know you are probably losing your minds because I know some of my grammar and word usage is not correct.  I really just let my thoughts fly and sometimes I reread it and I cringe myself...so I do apologize for that. :)

Anyways, I bought my plane tickets for Vegas!!!  This is huge for me, because I haven't spent longer than 48 hours away from my kids and when I have been gone for 48 hours I have been with John.  Well, for the first time since 2001, I am meeting my college roomate Leah (who lives in L.A.), in Vegas for a short Thurs.- Sat. vaca.  I am actually having a girls weekend...woohoo!!!

My husband has been a great supporter in MAKING me do this.  I have decided to do it and then not do it about 7 times in the last month.  I need to be Darcey and not Mommy for at least a few times each year and until now I haven't been able to do that. I have to admit I still feel guilty leaving the kids.  Technically Thursday is a holiday and I won't be there to celebrate with them...I am Irish and my neighbors and I like to have a nice Irish meal and some treasure for the kids :)  I know John will do a great job holding down the fort, but still this is a REAL big deal for me.

I am very excited and hopefully I won't chicken out.  Who knows, maybe some of that irish luck will find me along the way :)

2 comments:

The Beshears said...

don't chicken out darcey...do it...you need and deserve it! it will be good for everyone…HAVE FUN and enjoy it!

anne knabusch said...

Enjoy your time in Vegas...it will fly by! My mom was just out there and got lucky on the video poker :) Good luck!

Post a Comment