My husband is at the hospital with Landon. We still don't have any idea what is wrong. His CT of sinuses came back negative and my doctor has pretty much thrown his hands up in the air and is relying on this new I.D. doctor to figure things out. Unfortunately, we couldn't wait until Thursday. Last night Landon came in and told us his heart was racing...it literally woke him up at 4 in the morning and scared the crap out of me. 2 minutes later things were ok, but with what has been going on I can't help to think it is not good.
The heart is the one organ we have not looked at for infection, but there is a disease called Kawasaki that involves inflammation in the heart and fever. He does not have many of the other symptoms, but I am hoping through an EKG and other tests we will know for sure. 99% of the time it is treatable without any complications, but damn that 1%...i seriously hate statistics!!!!
I am so nervous and hate that I am not at the hospital right now. I need to know what is going on and thankfully my husband has been pretty good with texting me. So far he is in triage, has gotten 1 marriage proposal from the admitting nurse, and given a urine sample...sweet, thanks honey for keeping me in the loop.
I do not want him to stay in the hospital for obvious reasons, but at the same time something is terribly wrong and we need answers. You don't have a fever for 23 days and have it end up being nothing. I know hospitals LOVE to run tests, especially since our deductible has been covered thanks to my delivery and Layton's hospital stay, so hopefully their equivalent of Dr. House is working today and we can get to the bottom of this. My stomach is turning and I just want my little boy to be okay.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Oh Darcey! It is always something and I hate that! Hoping they figure out what's going on and soon! So much stress and so much worry...ugh. I hate that 1% too :(
Bless his heart! And yours! Thinking of y'all!
I hope they get things figured out ASAP! Thinking of you all!
So scary. I'm sending prayers for you and your whole family today, Darcey...
Oh lady, you need a break from worrying! I hope it's an easy diagnosis and treatment. Thinking of you and your babes.
Post a Comment