Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Landon got to go home last night :)  Which means we have some answers and more importantly for the first time in 6 weeks has not had a fever in over 24 hours :D.  It is amazing how easy it is to solve problems when the tests come back positive and correct medications are used.

So this is the run down...the cause of the fever may be two fold.  The first is we know we are dealing with a resistant strain of bacteria somewhere in his body.  The pediatrician is thinking it has been hiding out behind his ear drums based on his puss filled ears...either way the Cipro is working. He also tested positive for Mycoplasma Pneumonia (walking pneumonia).  I do not know if he currently has it or had it, either way we are on a different antibiotic for that.  If after he is done with his meds (1 week), and his ear infections return we are off to the ENT to get tubes put in so they can drain and swab what is back there.  He had this done when he was 1, so we have been there and done that.

 We go back to Cardiologist next week for a more in depth conversation of what kind of a time line we are looking at.   My pediatrician pretty much said he will have to have a procedure done at some point because like everything else, meds only last so long due to the body adapting to them.  Our goal is to put that off until he is fully grown or until his condition becomes resistant to the meds.  I also need to figure out protocol if this happens at school.  It is amazing the questions I have come up with now that we are out of the hospital.

I am absolutely exhausted, but I can't tell he is feeling so much better and that is all I care about it.  He is bouncing off the walls, not listening, fighting with his brother and pretty much being a typical 5 year old boy...what more could a mother ask for!!!

He was so brave



Art fun at the hospital



He had paint everywhere by the time he was finished with his masterpiece

6 comments:

Amy L. said...

That is such great news, Darcey! What a cutie he is!!

Lj82 said...

I'm so glad he's home!! :)

SG said...

Yay! What a brave boy, and what a persistent mom. I hope the medical mysteries really are solved now.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you have a diagnosis and that he's home!

Anonymous said...

So relieved for you!

Renel said...

Oh sweet sweet boy~ I am so happy with the news, for you, for him, for your family!

Post a Comment