Monday, May 7, 2012

Not Crazy

I am getting to the point that I believe everyone around here is thinking I am crazy.  My husband says they are just trying to stay positive, but hearing the same comment of "maybe his body temperature just runs high" over and over again is taking its toll on my patience.  Despite my new BLM paranoia I sometimes have with my children these days, I would never put him through all this radiation, tests, and blood draws if I didn't think it was necessary. I also would like to think my pediatrician, who I think is a great doctor, wouldn't order them as well.

I even got to the point where I called my hubby and asked him if I am crazy this afternoon. If for almost 5 years I have not been aware of my son's normal body temp. and that we were going overboard with everything.  Thankfully he calmly reminded me that this is not the case, and putting the low grade fever aside we have blood work that shows their is a high level of inflammation in the blood indicating something is definitely going on.

So, in preparation for the Infectious Disease doctor (my husband was told in the hospital that this guy is one of the best in the country) on Thursday I am recording everything right now...when we take his temperature, what he was doing at the time, how he is acting, how he feels, etc.   For example, at 2:30 he was sitting on the couch watching TV eating a healthy snack of oreos...lol.   His temp. was 99.8...I don't care if you do run warm...99.8 is pretty high in my book. I guess I feel like i have to justify everything I write down or say to others and that isn't right.  Of course I am probably taking a lot of the comments out of context, but when you hear them several times from the same people it does get aggravating.

The hospital was a little bit of a bust, but I am pretty sure we ruled out Kawasaki because the EKG was normal. That being said, my pediatrician also said EKG's are a terrible test for what we went in for (episodes of tachycardia) because the episode has to occur when he is being monitored. He also added that if it happens again we will be adding a pediatric cardiologist to our current list of doctors.   At this point I don't care who we add. I just want some answers.






4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thinking of you

Anonymous said...

how frustrating for you! Praying you find some answers soon, and that whatever is wrong can be easily taken care of! hugs!

Renel said...

Never appologize for being an advocate for your family, self, child. We have experienced the worse. hyper vigilance is not crazy, it is assertive and responsible parenting. Just saying....
You're doing a great job.

SG said...

You are doing the right things - keep pushing forward to get answers. Thinking of you.

Post a Comment