Seriously, what is with doctors...TALK TO EACH OTHER, PLEASE!!!
I have had so many different "opinions" and things said to me that I don't know what to believe. Layton's admitting doctor (pulmonary)came in so excited that this morning's blood work showed no inflammation left in his blood, and that he officially has been off oxygen for 27 hours...he even said he wrote discharge next to his name..wtf, what happened to Sunday???
He still has a lot of congestion in his lungs, but it sounds like his coughing is getting more productive and that is a wonderful thing.
When I asked him about the whole discharge debacle he had absolutely no clue what I was talking about...how does that happen? He said he thought we were good to go with oral antibiotics, but would have to check. I finally asked my nurse to see if anything was straightened out because I have other kids that need to be cared for. I think people just assume that you have plenty of help and family near by...that people can pause their lives to help us with ours at any time. Unfortunately, we don't have that. My mom helped me out last weekend and my neighbor is doing all she can while taking care of her own 2 kids. It has been very difficult,so we are doing our best to make sure we don't drop the ball with them and try to keep their lives as normal as possible.
A little communication goes a long ways...hoping his doctors get it together because my patience is running thin and I am exhausted.
Happy 1 month birthday Layton...what a month it has been.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm so glad he's feeling well enough that you have the mental capacity to worry about other things! Happy one month Layton!
Still thinkging about you! Happy one month little man! Get well SOON... Hugs!
Sheez. I haven't been keeping up with your blog because I've been so consumed in my own NICU disaster (lung development/fluid in lungs).
Why our rainbows? :/ At least they are alive... but seriously. What a ride. Glad your little guy is home.
Post a Comment