Monday, December 12, 2011

I HATE Sunday's in December

Have I mentioned how much I really dislike them because they are surrounded by sadness.  Well yesterday gave me another reason to add to my list, and not just because it is a week until Logan's 1st birthday.  It is extremely minimal compared to losing Logan, but to a 4 and 6 year old it is still pretty major. Our most favorite cat Trooper (we have another cat who is a complete pain in the ass and not that friendly) got hit by a car right outside of our house and was paralyzed from the waist down. She wasn't in any pain, but it absolutely broke my heart seeing how hard she was trying to get to me. A trip to the Emergency Vet last night confirmed my biggest fears and we had to put her down.  Another Sunday in December and another part of our family is gone.  Another life and death lesson taught to my beautiful children at what I feel is too young of an age.

She was my first "baby", my college cat, and had spent almost 12 years with me.  She was awesome, and my kids really took it hard. I on the other hand am just angry.  It could have happened at anytime, but a Sunday in December a week before Logan's anniversary...REALLY!!!  It is another day in December in a different year and I am consoling 2 sobbing kids again...I am just about done with this shit.

RIP Trooper <3

4 comments:

Molly said...

Omg! How sad. I'm so sorry. I still have my cats that were with me in college so I can imagine your pain. And the timing is awful. Hugs

Amy L. said...

I'm so very sorry...losing beloved pets is always hard, but to have it happen *right now*...ouch.

Hugs...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I know how horrible it is to lose a pet, and my heart goes out to your family right now! She was a beautiful cat... RIP Trooper!

Addi's mom said...

It's another time where I want to throw my hands up to the sky and say "SERIOUSLY"?!?!?!?!? Throw us a freaking bone! So sorry about Trooper for you and your kids. December is such a tough month and you are on my mind as Logan's birthday approaches.

Post a Comment