Life has been a hectic mess, but for once in a good way. Summer is taking its toll on this momma, and despite being a teacher pre kids, and having many good friends who are still teaching it is time for my kids to head back to school...sorry guys!!! They are bored and driving me CRAZY. I am not brave enough to attempt any outings by myself. I know what my strengths are, and taking my boys anywhere for an extended period of time requires at least 2 other sets of hands since one of mine is being occupied with my little man. Florida summers make it tough anyway with the heat and humidity, and in typical fashion the pool has worn out its excitement a month early so inside in the air condition we sit = B-O-R-I-N-G!!!
In other news:
Landon's meds are still working and he even made it through Influenza B (6 days of fever) without an SVT episode. This is a big deal because fevers/viruses seem to be a trigger for him. We go to see his Cardiologist in 2 weeks and I am hoping we won't have to go back for another six months.
I am also learning that life with a large family means every illness lasts about 4 weeks in my house. Doesn't matter how much hand washing, disinfecting, and cloroxing we do they LOVE to share their germs with each other. Somedays it seems like that is the only thing they do share. Thankfully Layton somehow managed to avoid the flu, but the nice mother i am gave him my cold. The month of July was spent back and forth to the doctor, but to be honest i feel like that happens about every 3 months in my house, so it is what it is.
On the Layton front, holy smokes where do I start. He is doing so well and growing so fast. We had a little bit of a bumpy road there because we had another ear infection, mixed with cutting 2 new teeth ( 2 top incisors...my boy has fangs, it is hilarious), and the beginning of separation anxiety (pure hell). We were back to getting up every 2-3 hours. This unfortunately went on for about 3 weeks which = a very tired grumpy mommy which is why I am pretty sure I finally got sick. My body finally waved the white flag and I was down for about a week, but doing better now.
About a month ago though we hit a huge milestone and a much needed one at that. Layton decided to do this while at my parents house.
![]() |
| His first official sitting unassisted for about 10 minutes :) |
Of course he is a pro now at the sitting thing and he is on to the next.
![]() |
| This was 2 weeks ago when he decided it was time to start pulling up to his knees |
I don't have any recent pictures, bad momma I know, but he rolls from one end of the room to the next and he is now pulling up to his knees and rocking on his hands. Needless to say the minute I put him sitting down he flops over and either rolls or army crawls/bear crawls off the mat toward anyone within reaching distance. As a matter of fact he is inching his way toward me as I type whining the whole way. He still tends to keep his face on the floor so his cheeks are red from dragging them across the mat or rug.
He is doing so well and has been my saving grace. My older children kept my head up when I first lost Logan and forced me to push through when all I wanted to do was crawl into a hole and cry, and now Layton has helped bandage my heart. I just hug and kiss him a thousand times a day which of course brings tears because what I would do to be able to give those hugs and kisses to Logan. For him to actually physically feel my love even for 1 second on the outside. Wishes that I have that can never ever under any circumstance become true, but I feel very blessed, and thankful to have the healthy family that I do have today.
On a side note I have begun to improve me. Since I know I will no longer be having anymore babies (which I am still struggling to accept) it is time to start moving on with my life. I got rid of all my maternity clothes and donated all my baby clothes (lots and lots of tears while doing this) and have begun training again. I will be running a half marathon in Nov. and a full the end of Jan. Working out, specifically running, has always been therapeutic for me. It allows me to be me, and not Mommy for 2 hours of the day. I have found that since becoming a mother 5 times over in the last 7 years i have lost a lot of that (that being said i wouldn't change it for the world) and if physically pushing myself gets some of that back then that is what i will do. Here's to the Darcey 5.0 version!!!
Here is some more of my little man from my phone which takes crappy pictures...sorry!
![]() |
| Hanging out with Landon |
![]() |
| Getting some help from big brother Luke |









3 comments:
Your boys are adorable. I'm glad everyone is doing well and good luck in your race!
Go get 'em, mama! Looking forward to hearing about your races and the new Darcey 5.0 :)
very cute boys as always! :) I've been more than absent from blogging lately, maybe soon I'll come up with a post.
Post a Comment