And meeting her for the first time
But one kiss of these cheeks and we were done for
And then she grew
And grew
And grew
| Taylor at my parents house up in Michigan |
| Taylor next to Logan's garden <3 |
I am so very very proud of her. She will be going into 2nd grade and is by far one of the youngest in her class (Florida has a Sept. 3 cut off date). She has done so well in school that I sometimes find myself just expecting it now, which I know is not fair to her. The one downfall of a large family with children very close in age is trying my best to share my time with everyone, and sometimes I think she misses out on the "fun" part of me. Most of my time with her is spent doing homework, reading, or practicing gymnastics. Any free time is usually taken by Layton or even Luke who is still only 3. Thankfully she enjoys helping me with her brothers (now anyway), and some days I don't know what I would do without her especially in our male dominated house.
Taylor spends most of her evenings in the gym. She is a competitive gymnast and will be competing level 5 this year, which is a big deal for a 7 year old. She LOVES it, and spends about 15 hours a week in the gym. I know some people think i am crazy, but it is what she loves to do. She is home this week without camp and she has complained that she is bored about 15 times and it is her B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y. (so glad I spent all that money on presents).
![]() |
| At a huge gymnastic meet at Tropicana Field where she came in 3rd on the floor...girl ROCKED IT!!! |
I truly believe the strength, flexibility,discipline, work ethic, and confidence she has gained in her young life from gymnastics will benefit her throughout her entire life. As a high school teacher my students were so L-A-Z-Y. I am really hoping that by keeping her busy in whatever she chooses will keep her from walking down that path.
I am absolutely in awe as I watch her grow. It is happening so fast and some days i just want to put on the brakes. I know I only have a few years left until she won't want anything to do with me, so for now I am going to sit back and enjoy my little girl (who is not so little anymore).
![]() |
| Happy 7th Birthday Taylor Lucille |






4 comments:
Beautiful girl!!!! :) Happy birthday Taylor!
Tears!! So sweet!! ❤❤
Happy Birthday Taylor!
Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY!She is amazing. 7 is so big and so small simultaneously.
Post a Comment