Monday, April 23, 2012

3 Months

Can't get over where the time has gone...Layton is 3 months old today, and sleeping the day away which scares the crap out of me because I am so afraid he is getting sick.  The bubonic plague has hit my house for the last 4 weeks.  My daughter had pneumonia for 2 weeks, Landon is on day 11 of fever (we assumed it was what Taylor had, but his xrays say differently) so we had blood taken today, and Luke developed his fever last night to go along with his dreadful cough.  Whatever they have is absolutely brutal and I am praying every day that Layton does not get it, because it WILL end up in a trip to the hospital :(

He is such a sweet boy and is doing so well. He is smiling at everyone and is still trying to figure out the whole laughing thing.  It sounds more like a shrill or a squeak, and the giggle only comes out in the morning when I pull his onesie over his head, but it is so stinkin' cute. He is starting to "talk",which again sounds like squeaking, to his hanging toys on his infant seat and has finally found his hands so he is starting to grab onto things that are away from his body.  He is doing a great job of holding his head up and is able to sit up for short periods of time before toppling over.  We moved him into the crib last week and he LOVES it (mommy definitely had a harder time with it).  Both him and I are sleeping better and he has thrown in a few 9-5 nights in there.  I have to admit I wake up in a panic when I realize the time and immediately run in to make sure he is breathing (BLM paranoia).  Most of the time he greets me with this adorable smirk on his face. I think he already knows I am crazy.


He is so big...homeboy is tipping the scales at roughly 16 lbs and is wearing 9-12 month clothing.  I keep wondering where my little smooshy 8 lb baby is I brought home 13 weeks ago.  The first weeks always seem like a lifetime with the exhaustion and non-stop feeding. Even more so when you throw in a 2 week hospital stay, but then time gets moving and just for one day I just want to soak in everything that he is because I know tomorrow it will have changed.

He is amazing and he has brought so much love and happiness to our house.  He is protected fiercely by his brothers and if anyone comes near him they are immediately at his side making sure all is okay. I love it and I can't wait to see what the days, months and years will bring.

Here are a few more pics:







5 comments:

Melissa said...

He's a beautiful boy <3

Molly said...

Toooooooo cute---all of them! Gosh, I'm sure you have been on edge with all of that illness and hoping he doesn't catch it. Wishing y'all lots of good health! Thank you for all of the supportive comments!!

Tiffany said...

He's very adorable! And I hope that everyone gets better soon!

Renel said...

Pant he perfect. Little kids are such germ buckets. I hope Layton can fend off these nasty bugs. The transition between 3-4 months when they go from a blob to a more alert interactive little person is amazing. He is certainly a chunk! 16lbs at 3 months. Wow!

Lj82 said...

Such a cutie!!!!!

Post a Comment