Yep baby is definitely a boy. Time to bring out the very very very short list of "L" names we have left and hope we will be able to agree on one. We were so set on Logan as being the last "L" name and we loved it so much...i have a feeling this time around it will be a little more difficult. Landon, Luke, Logan, and L???...holy boys!!! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever believe I would have 4 boys in a row.
I have officially told my kids. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I am so afraid now that everyone knows that something will go wrong. I have been so guarded about this pregnancy and now that I am at 16.5 weeks I am trying to enjoy it and share it with the people who care about me, but it is pretty difficulty to be honest.
When I lost Logan I remember thinking...i have to get pregnant and I have to have another boy. Totally reactionary and even when we talked about TTC in my head I wanted another boy. Once this pregnancy became a reality I think my husband and I were both leaning toward a girl. We wanted something completely different...I guess trying to trick ourselves into believing that it would guarantee a different outcome.
We also liked the idea of Logan being our last son, but the reality now is he is not. He has a little brother...which is still taking time for me to comprehend and is also scaring the crap out of me. Now that I know it is a boy my fears have risen up again. I could even see it a little on my Dr.'s face when I told him it is for sure a boy. I think this adds a little more urgency in making sure this little guy makes it through alive. All of my sons have caused a little bit of a problem entering this world. Landon had a nuchal cord x2 and came out purple requiring oxygen (so scary!!!), not to mention a hellish 22 hour labor. Luke had a slight shoulder dystocia because he was so big, and unfortunately we know about the cord accident with Logan. You can see why I am seriously considering C-Section with this little guy.
So good news is healthy baby boy so far, and we will be having our 20 week ultrasound on Sept. 20. I think once we get through that and find out that everything is good I will hopefully relax until I hit the middle of the 3rd Trimester.
Here are a few more pics from my 16 week ultrasound. I did include a few 3D, but they look a little creepy because baby has absolutely no fat on his body. It is amazing to see the bone structure considering they are only a little bigger than your hand at this point.
| L with his legs crossed at the knee |
| Legs crossed 3D version of it |
| L making a face...looks like a smile to me :) |
| L stretching :) |



5 comments:
So the gender mystery is solved! Glad you guys know for sure. The ultrasound pictures are great! I know how scary this is, but I'm glad you told your kids and I look forward to hearing the "L" name you come up with for Logan's little brother :)
Congrats!
So happy for you Darcey. I am praying and sending happy thoughts your way. It will all work out Logan is definately watching over your little guy~
Hugs!
By the way the doula/midwife I used for baby V is at the same office as Look who's Kicking.
CONGRATS!!!!! Great pictures!
Congratulations. I will pray for you and your little one. Praying he is a real screamer when he meets you.
Post a Comment