My O.B. at the beginning of my pregnancy warned me this was going to happen on and off towards the end and that I had to be prepared for it...okay, well I am not. Layton has been pretty good about giving me a kick or a roll here and there to keep me going despite my anterior placenta, but yesterday I think he decided to take the day off...NOT GOOD!!!!
I remember thinking on Monday how stupid I was for not knowing something was wrong with Logan. I mean I can constantly feel Layton even if he is just stretching out. Due to the fact I do have an anterior placenta I don't get the joy of feeling or seeing kicks or punches unless they are high up in my ribs or way low in my pelvis, but still I always know he is there. I guess I wonder why it took me so long to realize something was seriously wrong with Logan...oh well, hindsight!!!
Well yesterday he must have decided to have a growth spurt and sleep the day away because he was not his usual active self. I was up and about all day, but normally even when I am moving i get an elbow or a knee that just lets me know everything is ok...yesterday nada!!! I actually pulled out my doppler for the first time in almost 2 months and used it twice. I couldn't believe i struggled at first to find his hb, but there he was tucked away on my right side with a solid hb of 150. It definitely gave me a little bit of relief, but as the day continued I still was struggling with the fact that he was so quiet. I swear he knows what is going on in my mind because on 2 separate occasions I was going to call my doctor and then he would give me one quick jab to the ribs...which I took as a "just settle down crazy lady, everything is all good in here". Poor boy knows I am a paranoid mama right now.
Today he is back to normal kicking and pushing, so I know that I just have to relax and believe all will be okay. I have my 28 week appointment next week and it will be a big one for me because hopefully my doctor will tell me what the next 10 weeks of appointments will be like. He better be ready to line me up for NST's and Ultrasounds on a weekly basis because based on yesterday I am going to need it. I also am preparing myself for the famous statement of "you know you can come in whenever you think something is wrong", but that is not really the case. I go to a very large practice with 2 offices. I have to talk to the lady at the front who leaves a message for the head nurse who then calls me back and then tries to work me in to a doctor's schedule...i don't have time for that. I also have to admit that I don't trust myself with being able to gauge what is normal and what isn't. I failed horribly with Logan and paid the ultimate price and I don't want another decision like that to fall on my shoulders again. I want to know that I am going to be monitored twice a week and will have a doctor planning on seeing me, not just hoping they can get me in when the paranoia kicks in.
I thought the first trimester was hard, but I have a feeling this third trimester is going to be a whole new ball game. Please let the end of January get here FAST!!!!
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh, golly. Hugs to you...I can so understand your paranoia and the need to know always what's going on at a moment's notice. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
I totally get this! I remember feeling like that with baby V...how stupid I did not notice Jeremiah wasn't moving. She moved all the time. I also hated the quiet days. My co workers made fun of me all the time because I always tried to shake my belly or poke her to make her move but it was the ONLY thing that made me feel better. Hang in there....you are almost there. Hugs!
I just went through this... ((hugs)) the 3rd tri is the worst mindfvck. I hope L continues to be a mover and shaker for u.
Oh Layton please be kind to your momma with good regular movements! Glad everything is okay but man I hate that we have so much to worry about! If it were up to me I would be more than happy to fast-forward to January for you!
Post a Comment