Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Good News Confirmed

 Well I received the final results of my amnio and it still shows 46 chromosomes XY....woohoo!!!! Translation is healthy baby boy :)  The full exhaustion has finally come down and hit me like a brick wall, but after my conversation with the doctor on Monday I am feeling very good and positive about things.  My O.B. even called me and said his cheeks were hurting from smiling so much after reading my results from the MFM.  It is nice to know I now have 2 doctors in my practice (this doctor did not deliver Logan, but did see me in the hospital the morning after) who have a special interest in getting Layton here safe and sound.

I am 22 weeks and 2 days and look about 34 weeks pregnant.  The tech at my level 2 ultrasound said he was already over a pound 2 weeks ago, so it looks like another big boy on the way.  Now I just find myself praying that things don't go wrong.

 I remember the ache I had for Logan after his death, and it still shows up when I have time to myself or I look at his beautiful picture, but now I am feeling the ache for Layton.  I was worried I would not bond with this baby right away, but after the scare I had the last 2 weeks that fear is no longer valid.  I will do anything to get this baby here safe and sound.  At the same time I am scared to death to do any sort of strenuous exercise because I am afraid I am going to toss him around and get him tied up in his cord. I hate that it is a constant thought running through my mind, but I don't know how to completely turn those thoughts off.

 I am hoping that by starting to prepare for him it will keep me positive. I am pretty sure I have found his bedding and have already talked to the painter about turning my husband's office into a nursery.  I figure might as well go all in and make the best of this stress ridden situation.  Hopefully as time continues to move my anxiety level will continue to lessen until that last month. I am smart enough to know that all bets are off at that point and that I will pretty much be living at my doctor's office.  All I know is the end of January can't get here soon enough.

3 comments:

Lj82 said...

that, my friend, is FANTASTIC news! :)

I love that your MFM was smiling from ear to ear- terrific. :)

fingers crossed the rest of your pregnancy is wonderfully uneventful.

Addi's mom said...

Oh sweet little Layton, you gave us quite a scare! This is such wonderful news and I hope the rest of this pregnancy is uneventful and as enjoyable as possible!

Anonymous said...

So very happy to hear this!!! I got my preliminary results back yesterday, and so far so good.... looks like we have a boy on the way as well! Downside is that my membranes ruptured after the amnio, and we have a whole new set of challenges to overcome!

Post a Comment