Monday, February 25, 2013

13 months old

My baby is 13 months old. Trying to figure out where the time has gone. Last year at this time we were at Children's hospital praying his meds would work and beat whatever infection had taken over his little 4 week body. Today, we are chasing him around the house because he has gone from walking to running in about a 2 week time period and he is fast!!! He also has mastered climbing, and if any object, toy, furniture, etc.  is higher than ground level he will climb on top of it giving me numerous heart attacks throughout the day. Not to mention he has figured out how to open all the doors in our house so keeping him out of rooms has become significantly more difficult. Our house is pretty much 1 big baby gate.

Transitioning to solid foods has finally picked up and he is finally gaining some weight. I have always had heavy babies, but this guy has been long and lean since birth. He was in the 30% percentile at his 12 month well check for weight, and his brothers and sister were 97%+, so of course I have been a little panicked about his size. His doctor said he is fine, and he has gained over a pound in the last 3 weeks so I am good with it.  Due to his slight issue with dairy we have him on 2% milk and so far so good. He is still getting them in bottles, but the weaning into cups will begin next week. This is going to be tough because he really LOVES them. He will drink his smoothie in the morning out of a cup with a straw, so I am praying this is not a big ordeal and the change over will go smoothly....PLEASE let it go over smoothly!!!

Life is so hectic right now.  We are at the end of one sport season and crossing into another so my husband and I are a taxi service for my 3 older children. Between gymnastics, flag football, basketball, golf, baseball, and TeeBall  we have a pretty full plate. As crazy as it is I love that the weather allows us to be outside all year long and my kids are definitely enjoying it as well.

-----------

Logan has been gone 26 months now...i am in a weird place with this. Something happened after the 2 year mark. I am still very sad, but it is different. I still think of him everyday, several times as a matter of fact, but it isn't all consuming anymore which has thrown me for a loop. I remembering wanting to reach this point because being sad is so exhausting, but now that I am here, and it has been an extended period of time, not just a few days or a week here and there I feel a little guilty.  I didn't even realize it was the 19th last week until late that evening and it broke my heart.  I guess putting the sadness aside is getting easier, but with that comes guilt. Mommy guilt is worst type out there...


On a happier note here are some updated pics of Layton. When I look at him now I am starting to see a toddler and I am already missing the baby part of him. Not as many cuddles as I am used to getting, but I still make a point to hug and kiss him as much as I can.










Being a good helper for daddy


5 comments:

Renel said...

That's one gorgeous baby! Your crazy sports life sounds like our plus a few kids :). I am ways outside with Kai year round. Each stage of baby and toddlerhood is so exciting and bittersweet as they phase into even more incredible people. I don't k ow about the two year mark yet. I'm a few months away but I do know that grief changes. I still go through bad months and bad days but it is less consuming than it once was. But I still have plenty of grief. I'm good at guilt. I get that, I know you love Logan with all your heart, that he is never forgotten or far from your thoughts. Xxoo

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was a really wonderful post. Thank yоu for supρlуing these
details.

my blog post ... christophe chavigny

Anonymous said...

Fine way of describing, and pleasant article to take information concerning my presentation topic, which i am going
to convey in university.

Feel free to visit my site - devenir riche

Anonymous said...

Amаzing! This blog lоoks exactly like my οld one!
It's on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors!

Also visit my blog: pose parquet

Tiffany said...

Thank you Darcy for replying to one of my post of babycenter two years ago! I saw it today, then visited your page which brought me immediately to one of your post that said you had gotten to a different place in your grief with your son's death. And you had forgotten the 19th and felt horrible about it! WEll, today I sat here grieving too because like yourself, I forgot it was the 19th yesterday, thinking it was today and broke down in tears with guilt! I guess this is just the next stage.....guilt for the extra energy and starting to see that we are okay with him in heaven is hard. But I am glad to know you..a little, and know that you are a step forward on this crazy journey without our children. God bless you!

Post a Comment