FROM THIS ![]() |
| One of the last days in the hospital |
TO THIS
I just stare at him constantly. I sometimes feel he isn't supposed to stay here. That at any minute some crazy infection is going to attack his little body again and we won't be as lucky the second time around. I thought I was amazed by his "aliveness" right after he was born and the days that followed, but sitting by helplessly for those 3 agonizing days again has given me a whole new perspective on life and how delicate it really is. I also feel the bond I will have with him will be forever defined by those scary moments when we realized that his condition could continue to decline and we could lose him. My pediatrician's daughter had a similar hospitalization due to high fever when she was 2 weeks old. She is now a 19 year old freshman at the University of Florida, and my pediatrician confirms that whenever he sees her the haunting image of her as a little newborn in the hospital battling that fever still shows up. He reminded me that Layton will never remember anything that happened to him, but I will never forget... and I 100% believe him.
He is doing very well and back to a normal schedule. I have even brought him out and about lately because I was going absolutely stir crazy at home. He was even able to avoid a 48 hour virus that both of my boys had this past weekend. They had incredibly high fevers and I just kept waiting for Layton to catch it. I thought for sure we would have been back in the hospital by now. Praying my antibodies may finally doing their job and keeping my little guy safe and healthy.





4 comments:
What a cute little man! Your doctor is right, he will never remember and you will NEVER forget! This road to Layton has been so incredibly hard and long. I have to believe you two will have the most amazing bond. Wishing you lots of wonderful memories with your newest babe.
I'm glad he's still doing well!
So, so happy he's home and doing well. :)
Gosh he looks so HEALTHY. I am soooooo incredibly glad that he is alive and well and home. Sending love.
Post a Comment