- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Logan was due on New Year's Day, and although we never made it that far, New Year's always has the "what could of been" feeling tied to it for me now. I always think back to how we thought it was going to be so cool to have a 1-1-11 baby. My husband was so excited because he knew he would never forget his birthday (now having kids born on the 13th, 15th, and 12th can get tricky sometimes when asked out of nowhere which kid goes with which date), so we always made comments that this would be one he couldn't possibly screw up.
Layton was born on Chinese New Year and the Year of the Dragon. From what I was told in the hospital there isn't a luckier day, and in Chinese culture he would be considered special and expected to live a long life of happiness and good fortune...I can only hope this crosses cultural lines.
![]() |
| 9 months old |
2 New Year babies. 2 completely different paths. 1 that has lived in my heart for 22 months, and 1 that has graced our lives with smiles and laughs for 9 months. 1 that still brings constant tears, and 1 who helps pull me out of that sadness when it grabs a hold of me. 1 that can't be here and 1 who wouldn't be here if the other was. No matter how many times I look at it 1+1 does not equal 2 in the way I desperately want it to.
![]() |
| would be 22 months old 4 days |





2 comments:
Ugh, I know EXACTLY what you mean.
Jack was my 01.01.11 baby. I friggin' love that that's his birthday- I remember all to well friend's posting on my facebook announcement following his arrival that it was such an awesome birthday. It was. BAH.
But now I have 01.01.11 for Jack's birth, followed 16 months later with the birth of his sister- 01.05.12. Love it.
I hate the math. Hate it. It's like I can't tell my brain to stop trying to recalculate. Frustrating.
Anyway, xox momma.
Oh what a beautiful post! I know what you mean... One existing because the other one doesn't and how things will never add up. Never. Layton and Logan are so beautiful. I wonder if they would have looked similar or had similar personalities. I am a Chinese Dragon as well and so is Harlow. I hope that what his fortune is to have a happy beautiful life. So thankful he exists and wishing Logan was here too.
Post a Comment